In present times it is crucial to know about the legal status of housing societies. Making investments in non-legalized societies mostly resulted in major mislays. Lahore Development Authority (LDA) is a government department that oversees the development of real-estate and infrastructure projects in the vicinity of Lahore City. Lahore Development Authority tends to guard investors from frauds and never issues NOC until or unless the land is owned by the developers. NOC/ LDA approval is provided to only those housing societies that meet the LDA criteria i.e., better facilities and well-defined infrastructure.
What is Lahore Development Authority? The Lahore Development Authority was created under the LDA Act 1975 duly approved by Punjab Legislative Assembly. Previously it was Lahore Improvement Trust. There are 3 wings in Lahore Development Authority i.e. TEPA, Urban Development and WASA. The mission of Lahore Development Authority is to provide quality public services through socio economic programs, urban development and efficient mobility while preserving cultural and heritage dynamics of Lahore. Following are its goals and targets:-
• Integrated and sustainable Development.
• Quality housing.
• Provision for low cost housing.
• Rehabilitation of under developed areas/ slums.
• Maintain natural and aesthetic beauty of the city.
• Complaint redressal system (One Window Cell).
• Promote environment friendly activity through:
• Potable drinking water.
• Sanitation and drainage.
• Waste water treatment plants.
• Rain water harvesting and water conservation.
• Promote urban forestry and plantation.
• Integrated traffic management system.
Committed to its vision and goal, Lahore Development Authority guarantees a safe investment and secure future to residents of Lahore. Beacon Investment has compiled a list of LDA approved societies for the convenience of readers, clients and investors. Following is the list of LDA approved societies:-